Home‎ > ‎IsbellOnline News‎ > ‎

Tax tips for students (and ex students with loans)

posted Feb 15, 2018, 4:31 AM by Tim Isbell
I coach a few students and young adults in career planning, college decisions, and the financial dimensions that come along with their season of life. 
There are two federal tax breaks that help students with educational expenses. Neither of these breaks requires you to itemize deductions, so you can still file the short form. And they both survived the recent rewrite of the tax code, meaning they apply for the 2017 tax year and will also apply in 2018 and beyond. For more, check out Student Financing and Taxes.