Home‎ > ‎IsbellOnline News‎ > ‎

Minister's Housing Taxation

posted May 25, 2015, 7:42 AM by Tim Isbell   [ updated May 26, 2015, 1:32 PM ]

The U.S. Internal Revenue Service provides generous treatment of ministers' housing expenses. Essentially, ministers can exclude money from taxation so long as it is spent on housing (but this money is included as income for Social Security tax computation). The exclusion even applies during retirement for money coming from pre-retirement ministry employment (such as money from a defined-benefit program or a 403B plan). Most, maybe all, states offer the same exclusion. This is a very, very generous deal.

For more check out Minister's Housing Taxation.